What I know about this topic:I didn't know much about this topic till I have read the article in the news paper. The Mosaic Templar's might of been mentioned in my elementary school and/or high school. I might of also heard it in a movie or mentioned on TV.
What I want to know about it:
I would like to know a little more about the society and how did it come about. Also, the people that were involved and the people that made a difference in the society. Also, I would like to know how it changed America or the world. And if was still possible to revive everything from the past.

What I learned:
The museum Mosaic Templar's preserved some of the black Arkansan history. It was one of the country's largest fraternal societies for blacks, especially when it had begun in 1880s, in Little Rock. Mosaic Templar's offered loans, financial protection, services as burial and life insurance. In 1930, the great depression wiped out Templar's' money, so they couldn't pay dues and had to shut down. In 2005, the building in Little Rock burned down.
What I still want to know:
I wanted to research on how and why the building burned down in 2005. Also who helped to open the museum.


3 comments:
i learned alot reading your article.
Okay Chris,
I like the way you'rr using the "KWL" strategy to understand the reading material. It's very important to come away from the reading having learned some information, and you did this. Keep reading, good work.
D. Westry
You just had to make your post all fancy didn't you.
Post a Comment