Today, I was going to meet up with my friend and watch as he flew his model R/C helicopter. I chatted earlier with my friend about his model, and he told me stories and how it was to fly and build these models. He told me so much that he got me to want to come see him fly his R/C helicopter. I was wondering how it was going to look, fly, sound when I see this model. Since I had to drive to the air field, along the way I was going to pick up my other friend, since I had told her about the R/C helicopters, and almost everything that my friend with the model told me about.
I struggled to get out of the house as my mom always tries to feed me. I got loose from her, and got on the road. While on the road, i remembered that i was supposed to get some foldable seats, and had to turn around and head about home. When I got home and found the seats, I rusted but onto the road and gave a call to my friend that I was going to be in front of her house soon, and then gave a call to my friend with the model to see if he was waiting for me at the field yet. He didn’t pick up, so I just drove fast to pick my friend up and head to the air field.
I kept thinking about helicopters and never witnessed a helicopter flying in front of me so close especially a remote control version of a helicopter. Helicopters and planes really interest me, and always wanted to become a pilot. The closest I ever came to the feel of flying was on a commercial airliner, or riding on roller coasters and feeling the G-forces. I love the G-force feel on my body, and really want to get into a really plane and fly it myself and do some crazy flying. Hopefully I will get my licence to fly, and enjoy the ride.
It was still early in the morning, nice and warm outside and was a perfect day to just hang around and enjoy anything outside. After picking my friend up and driving to the air field, we finally arrived and quickly found parking on the side of the field. I got out and ran onto the field and searched for my friend with his helicopter. I couldn’t spot him anywhere, till I gave him a call and found out that he is still was on the road. I pulled out my seats that I forgot about, but got when I ran back home, and just unfolded both for me and my friend to sit and wait. Since I was so excited, I couldn’t sit.
Eventually after he arrived, I jumped with excitement and ran to help him with his model helicopter. I carried some of the equipment as he pulled out his helicopter and carried it to the spot. I watched as he prepared and started the helicopter up and started to fly it around the field. I was amazed and shocked all at the same time for that moment while I tried to keep my eyes on the helicopter. It felt like time or everything else really didn’t mattered. I really wanted to get a helicopter like that so bad, and fly it. My other friend that I bought along pulled out her camera and started to record the helicopter flying. She was also amused and enjoyed watching as my friend started to pull off tricks with his helicopter. The R/C helicopter was just taking over the sky in the air field as it was flying everywhere really fast.
From this day, I decided to get into the hobby of flying model R/C helicopters. They are quite expensive, but for now this is the closest I can get into flying. Hopefully I will go to aviation school, and learn more about helicopters, and planes, and get my wings to fly.
Tuesday, September 30, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
good narrative looks like you took your sweet time with it.R/C toys are a very expensive hobbie.
Post a Comment