I have a Study Style that helps me with my work at school. This Study Style is what I am doing now. I am not sure if this may work with other people, but it works for me and works for some other people because this is used by some people I know and advised by some teachers.
My Style is listen and imagining what I am listening or reading about. If I can't imagine what is going on, I can't focus on it, and daze off. It is important that I know what I am thinking about, and also some other things like, is it interesting, is it difficult or easy to understand. But imagining isn't the only thing that I have to help me study. I also try to rewrite my notes or important facts, that I try to remember. But this style only works when I am in the mood, or have my mind working to learn something new.
I normally think a lot and can easily drift off and get interested about something else easily. For me to get back into my studies, I need to get something else done first to get back into studying for school. It is hard me to study for school because school is 2nd for me, since I do so much other stuff. School comes 1st to me when I am learning some material that is actual important to me and I need to complete something. Some examples would be like sciences, some English, and math (very important). Other subjects I can't focus in and I normally do poorly in. Best way for me to pass, I would have a study partner and make it fun to learn about that subject.
But none of this comes easy because Studying for me means I need to sacrifice time, and I need time. I need the time because everything that I do takes a lot of time. Some example is computers (takes a lot of time), school (too much waste of time at school, unless I am doing something productive), and some other things.
I will try to edit more in the future...
Tuesday, September 9, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 comments:
Interesting ideas on your blog i agree with your study habits.On the other hand i think we both need some help with grammer.
You have good study habits. Also like you I can also lose focus.
hey chris, my name is joseph.
i have the same style as u, wen i read i have pictures in my head about wat i read.
later chris
Hi Chris, it is alright to to know what study habits work for you.If you like imaging and seeing and details in order to understand, this is okay. This means that you're a visual learner. I like like to visualize things to get a better understanding. Also, if you need to pair up with a partner and talk things over, this is okay, too.
Hi Chris,
I am glad that you are very clear about your study style! We all need to know our strengths and weaknesses to advance ourselves to a level we want to be at. And yes we all need to invest our time in order to be productive. It's hard to manage time when you have so many things going on at the same time. Be selective (an advice also for myself)! Dr. Hsu
Post a Comment